AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute
AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute has been in continuous operation since its opening in 1974. It has taught thousands of students respect for themselves and our environment with character building programs and 47 years of environmental projects with every environmental agency you can think of. Our Mission is to empower young people to achieve their full potential. Our Vision is to use the ocean as our classroom to prepare our students to be leaders for the future and responsible stewards of our environment. In 2021 AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute will transition into AMIkids Maritime Academy, a unique Charter High School with classes in;
- Gaetz Aerospace Institute- Learn to fly drones while earning college credits from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.
- United States Naval Sea Cadets- Build character and leadership skills while learning marksmanship, seamanship, STEM and naval special warfare skills.
- Marine Science- Practice hands-on science working alongside Junior Scientists in the Sea, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Gulf World Marine Institute, and Baywatch on real world scientific projects.
- Oceanography- Get training and certifications using industry level underwater remote and uncrewed systems to gather hydrographic data.
- Water Safety- Learn lifeguarding, sailing, scuba, seamanship, fishing, navigation, canoeing, kayaking and paddle boarding!
- Construction- Earn industry certifications in carpentry, masonry, and concrete finishing while building tiny homes.
- Foreign Language- Gain an edge on scholarships and your career by learning Chinese or Spanish.
- High School Diploma- All the classes that will need to graduate with an accredited High School Diploma from the State of Florida.