AMIkids Baton Rouge

At AMIkids Baton Rouge, we believe in the power of transformation. Every young person has the potential for greatness, and we’re on a mission to unlock it.

Donate to AMIkids Baton Rouge
Story Services Impact Leadership Documents Contact
Our Story

EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE TO DISCOVER THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL

For more than 30 years, AMIkids Baton Rouge has been an unwavering force of transformation, empowering young individuals to discover their true potential and forge a path towards greatness. Deeply rooted in the vibrant community of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, our nonprofit organization serves as a guiding light for those facing academic struggles, learning disabilities, or behavioral challenges.

Through our innovative Youth Build program and collaborative efforts with local school districts, we instill a sense of citizenship, elevate academic performance, and provide alternative education to those who need it most. With our evidence-based approach and comprehensive services, we equip our young people with the tools they need to thrive academically, modify their behavior, and receive the treatment they deserve. Together, we are breaking barriers, transforming lives, and building a vibrant future for all.

Services

What We Offer

COMMUNITY-BASED PROGRAMS

Community-based programs offer daily services to youth and families, with youth returning home each day if programming takes place outside of the home. We offer eight unique services with our community-based programs.

Alternative Education

Alternative Education programs are designed to help students who require additional support typically not available in traditional schools. Students in attendance benefit from academic remediation, positive behavioral skills development, and individualized attention to succeed. AMIkids Alternative Education programs include Infinity Schools, School-within-a-School, and Charter Schools, which operate according to the school district schedule.

Pre-apprenticeship (Career Exploration, Workforce Development)

Pre-apprenticeship programs prepare students aged 16-24 for successful careers, offering industry training that is aligned with each community’s needs for skilled workers. With a combination of academic, technical, and job readiness courses and individualized case management, AMIkids prepares and places students into higher education, jobs, and apprenticeships.

PROGRAM ENHANCEMENTS

Program Enhancement Services may be provided as standalone or supplementary to a program.

Career and Technical Education

Provided in two age-appropriate models:

  • The AMIkids Career Exploration Model, for ages 11-15, helps youth build self-awareness, learn about potential careers, and develop a plan for reaching future goals.
  • The AMIkids Workforce Development Model, for ages 16-24, utilizes a combination of school-based and work-based learning to help youth learn job readiness skills, earn industry-recognized certifications, and transition to the workforce.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the AMIkids Baton Rouge YouthBuild Program, committing $1.5 million in federal funds. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed by non-governmental sources.

Our Impact

How We Make A Difference

  • 92% of our students have clear education or career plans their first year after high school
  • 85% of students who enroll complete the Youth Build Program
  • 90% of students receive OSHA -10, OSHA-30, & Forklift certifications

 

Leadership

AMIkids Baton Rouge is led by their respective Executive Director and a volunteer board of local community leaders, ensuring its positive impact on our communities.

AMIkids Baton Rouge Executive Director

  • Karryl Durr

AMIkids Baton Rouge Board Of Trustees

  • Troy D. Hebert - Chair
  • Eric R. Lane
  • Dr. Brenda S. Birkett
  • Donna M. Mayeux
  • Bart Phllips
  • N. LaRon Phillips
AMIkids Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, LA
Alternative Education Career and Technical Education Pre-apprenticeship

Contact AMIkids Baton Rouge

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Support AMIkids Baton Rouge

5555 Beechwood Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70805

225.356.3461