AMIkids Bay County

At AMIkids Bay County, we believe in the power of transformation. Every young person has the potential for greatness, and we’re on a mission to unlock it.

Donate to AMIkids Bay County
Story Services Impact Leadership Contact
Our Story


AMIkids Bay County has been in operation since 1974. We have taught thousands of students respect for both themselves and the environment with character-building programs and 47 years of environmental projects with every environmental agency you can think of. AMIkids Bay County empowers young people to discover their life paths and believe success is possible. Our approach offers more than education and workforce development, treatment, and behavioral and skills training. Through genuine care, real relationships, and a sense of family, we empower young people to achieve success.


What We Offer


Community-based programs offer daily services to youth and families, with youth returning home each day if programming takes place outside of the home. We offer eight unique services with our community-based programs.

Alternative Education

Alternative Education programs are designed to help students who require additional support typically not available in traditional schools. Students in attendance benefit from academic remediation, positive behavioral skills development, and individualized attention to succeed. AMIkids Alternative Education programs include Infinity Schools, School-within-a-School, and Charter Schools, which operate according to the school district schedule.

Delinquency Prevention

Delinquency Prevention programs provide gender-specific life management skills training, educational services, and youth development activities designed to prevent entry or further involvement in the juvenile justice system.

Family Services

Family Services provide home-based skills-building and/or family counseling and intervention using evidence-based practices. Family services may include program models such as Functional Family Therapy, Wraparound Services, and the AMIkids Family Centric Model™. Family Services programs last approximately two to six months.

Pre-apprenticeship (Career Exploration, Workforce Development)

Pre-apprenticeship programs prepare students aged 16-24 for successful careers, offering industry training that is aligned with each community’s needs for skilled workers. With a combination of academic, technical, and job readiness courses and individualized case management, AMIkids prepares and places students into higher education, jobs, and apprenticeships.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the AMIkids Bay County YouthBuild Program, committing $1.5 million in federal funds. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed by non-governmental sources.

Our Impact

How We Make A Difference

  • 92% of our students have clear education or career plans their first year after high school
  • 85% of students who enroll complete the Youth Build Program
  • 90% of students receive OSHA -10, OSHA-30, & Forklift certifications

AMIkids Bay County is led by their respective Executive Directors and a volunteer board of local community leaders, ensuring its positive impact on our communities.

AMIkids Bay County Executive Director

  • Ron Boyce

AMIkids Bay County Board Of Trustees

  • Jesse Rigby - Chair
  • Jerry Prejean
  • Nancy Loehr
  • Justin Day
AMIkids Bay County
Panama City, FL
Alternative Education Career and Technical Education Community-based Program Enhancements

Contact AMIkids Bay County

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Support AMIkids Bay County