AMIkids Beaufort

At AMIkids Beaufort, we believe in the power of transformation. Every young person has the potential for greatness, and we’re on a mission to unlock it.

Donate to AMIkids Beaufort
Story Services Impact Leadership Contact
Our Story

EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE TO DISCOVER THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL

Since 1985, AMIkids Beaufort has been empowering young men to discover their true potential, sparking transformative change and fostering community strength. Situated in the heart of Dale, South Carolina, our comprehensive residential program ensures continuous support and genuine care, enabling young men to overcome challenges, acquire vital life skills, and ultimately reunite with their families and communities.

Services

24 hours a day, seven days a week

RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS

Residential programs operate 24 hours per day, seven days per week, with youth residing on campus. Staff implement trauma-informed programming to help youth develop skills for successfully transitioning to community settings and/or the home environment.

Juvenile Justice Residential

The Juvenile Justice Residential programs provide 24-hour rehabilitative care for youth referred primarily due to delinquency and may include treatment services for youth with mental health and/or substance abuse conditions.

PROGRAM ENHANCEMENTS

Program Enhancement Services may be provided as standalone or supplementary to a program.

Career and Technical Education

Provided in two age-appropriate models:

  • The AMIkids Career Exploration Model, for ages 11-15, helps youth build self-awareness, learn about potential careers, and develop a plan for reaching future goals.
  • The AMIkids Workforce Development Model, for ages 16-24, utilizes a combination of school-based and work-based learning to help youth learn job readiness skills, earn industry-recognized certifications, and transition to the workforce.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the AMIkids Beaufort YouthBuild Program, committing $1.5 million in federal funds. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed by non-governmental sources.

Our Impact

How We Help

  • 87% of youth successfully complete the program
  • Average length of engagement is about 206 days or nearly 7 months
  • Students can enroll in career courses resulting in industry-recognized certifications

Leadership

AMIkids Beaufort is led by their respective Executive Director and a volunteer board of local community leaders, ensuring its positive impact on our communities.

AMIkids Beaufort Executive Director

  • Matthew Kingdom

AMIkids Beaufort Board Of Trustees

  • Kevin Dukes - Chair
  • Edward Taylor - Treasurer
  • Alfredo Givens
  • Carl Alston
  • James Boozer
  • Terry Geitner
  • Michael Harris
  • Mike Ingram
  • James Palmer
  • Tradd Williams
  • John Williams
AMIkids Beaufort
Seabrook, SC
Career and Technical Education Program Enhancements Residential

Contact AMIkids Beaufort

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Support AMIkids Beaufort