AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute

At AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute, we believe in the power of transformation. Every young person has the potential for greatness, and we’re on a mission to unlock it.

Donate to AMIkids Panama City
Story Services Impact Leadership
Our Story

EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE TO DISCOVER THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL

AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute has been in operation since 1974. We has taught thousands of students respect for both themselves and the environment, with character-building programs and 47 years of environmental projects with every environmental agency you can think of. AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute empowers young people to discover their life paths and believe success is possible. Our approach offers more than education and workforce development, treatment, and behavioral and skills training. Through genuine care, real relationships, and a sense of family, we empower young people to achieve success.

Services

What We Offer

COMMUNITY-BASED PROGRAMS

Community-based programs offer daily services to youth and families, with youth returning home each day if programming takes place outside of the home. We offer eight unique services with our community-based programs.

Alternative Education

Alternative Education programs are designed to help students who require additional support typically not available in traditional schools. Students in attendance benefit from academic remediation, positive behavioral skills development, and individualized attention to succeed. AMIkids Alternative Education programs include Infinity Schools, School-within-a-School, and Charter Schools, which operate according to the school district schedule.

Delinquency Prevention

Delinquency Prevention programs provide gender-specific life management skills training, educational services, and youth development activities designed to prevent entry or further involvement in the juvenile justice system.

Family Services

Family Services provide home-based skills-building and/or family counseling and intervention using evidence-based practices. Family services may include program models such as Functional Family Therapy, Wraparound Services, and the AMIkids Family Centric Model™. Family Services programs last approximately two to six months.

Pre-apprenticeship (Career Exploration, Workforce Development)

Pre-apprenticeship programs prepare students aged 16-24 for successful careers, offering industry training that is aligned with each community’s needs for skilled workers. With a combination of academic, technical, and job readiness courses and individualized case management, AMIkids prepares and places students into higher education, jobs, and apprenticeships.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the AMIkids Panama City YouthBuild Program, committing $1.5 million in federal funds. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed by non-governmental sources.

Our Impact

How We Make A Difference

  • 92% of our students have clear education or career plans their first year after high school
  • 85% of students who enroll complete the Youth Build Program
  • 90% of students receive OSHA -10, OSHA-30, & Forklift certifications
Leadership

AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute is led by their respective Executive Directors and a volunteer board of local community leaders, ensuring its positive impact on our communities.

AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute Executive Director

  • Ron Boyce

AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute Board Of Trustees

  • Jesse Rigby - Chair
  • Jerry Prejean
  • Nancy Loehr
  • Justin Day
AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute
Panama City, FL
Alternative Education Career and Technical Education Community-based Program Enhancements

Contact AMIkids Panama City Marine Institute

Support AMIkids Panama City