AMIkids Space Coast

At AMIkids Space Coast, we believe in the power of transformation. Every young person has the potential for greatness, and we’re on a mission to unlock it.

Donate to AMIkids Space Coast
Story Services Impact Leadership Contact
Our Story


Founded in 1988, AMIkids Space Coast is a foster care residential program for young men ages 13-18. Located in Melbourne, Florida, the program operates 24/7, providing care, guidance, and support to young males through mentorship that helps them to discover their true potential. They don’t give up, so we don’t give up. We stick with them, fostering relationships and a sense of family.

Through our evidence-based programs and comprehensive services, we equip these young men with the tools they need to overcome challenges by primarily focusing on education, behavior and skills training, and treatment. At the heart of our mission lies the belief that every young person possesses an extraordinary power, and we are dedicated to unlocking this potential, creating life-changing transformations, and contributing to a community that thrives on their incredible achievements.

AMIkids Space Coast is licensed by  the Department of Children and Families and in partnership with Brevard Family Partnership.


What We Offer

Pre-apprenticeship (Career Exploration, Workforce Development)

Pre-apprenticeship programs prepare students aged 16-24 for successful careers, offering industry training that is aligned with each community’s needs for skilled workers. With a combination of academic, technical, and job readiness courses and individualized case management, AMIkids prepares and places students into higher education, jobs, and apprenticeships.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the AMIkids Space Coast YouthBuild Program, committing $1.5 million in federal funds. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed by non-governmental sources.

Our Impact

How We Make A Difference

  • 88% graduation rate
  • 92% of our students have clear education or career plans their first year after high school
  • 90% of students receive OSHA -10, OSHA-30, & Forklift certifications

AMIkids Space Coast is led by their respective Executive Directors and a volunteer board of local community leaders, ensuring its positive impact on our communities.

AMIkids Space Coast Executive Director

  • Terrance Levell

AMIkids Space Coast Board Of Trustees

  • Katherine Lechner - Chair
  • Jason Arthur
  • Eric Austin
  • Jean Bandish
  • William Booth
  • Teresa Dingman
  • Sheriff Wayne Ivey
  • John Paul Kilduff
  • Linda May
  • Mike Peterson
  • Brad Roub
  • Michael Schur
  • David Spector
AMIkids Space Coast
Melbourne, FL
Foster Care

Contact AMIkids Space Coast

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Support AMIkids Space Coast